Recognize your students who do it all.
You know the type. Students who always ace the quiz. Who shine on the field. Who seem to be involved in every activity. And who set the example in your school and community.
The Wendy’s High School Heisman Program is your chance to recognize well-rounded senior men and women who learn, perform, and lead on a daily basis. And we’ve made it easier than ever before to refer your high achievers. Simply follow the steps below to:
Remember, students must complete their applications by October 2, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. Central Time. School officials must complete application reviews by October 4, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. Central Time in order for a student to be considered.
Nominating a Student:
Your school can have an unlimited number of applicants as long as each student who applies meets the eligibility criteria. Talk to all seniors who excel academically, athletically, and within your community, and encourage them to apply for the Wendy’s High School Heisman Program. Direct students to this site, www.wendysheisman.com, for program details and the online application, or provide them with the program information which will be mailed to your school’s guidance office in August. Be sure to encourage your students to complete their applications early so that school officials will have plenty of time to carefully review the applications while allowing enough time to work with those students who need to correct and resubmit their applications.
Each Wendy’s High School Heisman Program applicant must select one school official to review his/her application. The reviewer must be a teacher, counselor, or administrator at the student’s school and cannot be related to the student. If a student selects you as a reviewer:
- Make sure the student has your full name and correct email address—he or she will need to enter this information on the online application.
- After your student completes and submits the application, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours. Please add email@example.com to your address book or safe list so the email will not be blocked by a spam filter.
- The email will contain a user ID, password, and instructions for logging into the online application program, along with a link to the login screen. Save this email so you always have your login information handy. If more than one student chooses you as a reviewer, you will use the same login information for each student you review.
- To review a student’s application, log into the system. Then click the open circle to the left of the student’s name.
- Select ‘View/Print Application’.
- You can view the application online or print a copy. Carefully review the entire application for completeness and accuracy.
- Please remember to click the ‘Exit’ button at the top of the screen when you are finished viewing the application to completely log out of the system.
- If you determine that a student needs to make changes, contact the student immediately and discuss the changes.
- To allow the student to edit his/her application, choose the ‘Allow Applicant to Update Responses’ option from the ‘More Actions’ dropdown menu. The application status will change from ‘Complete’ to ‘In Progress’, and the student will be able to log in and make changes. Remind the student to click the ‘Submit’ button after completing the changes.
- Once the student has made the changes, you must log in to view the student’s application again. Don’t forget to the click the ‘Exit’ button after you’ve finished viewing the application to completely log out of the system.
- When you’re ready to approve a student’s application, click the circle next to the student’s name and select the ‘Review’ button.
- Enter your name and title.
- Click ‘Go to Submit’.
- Verify your account information.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- Return to the Review page and click ‘Refresh’ on your browser’s navigation bar. The application status will change to ‘Reviewed.’
- Print the confirmation page for your records.
- Don’t forget—you must approve all applications no later than 5:00 p.m. Central Time on October 4, 2013.
- Visit the 2013 Results Page on October 23 to see your school’s winners.
- School Winner Certificates will be mailed directly to the students. You can also print an electronic copy of the certificate.
- Check back regularly to follow your students’ and their peers’ throughout the program stages. Learn more about program stages and awards.
- More than one teacher, guidance counselor, or administrator at your school may be selected as a reviewer.
- If you’d like to have a standard plan for reviewing and submitting applications, please discuss and implement the plan within your own school district.